Thursday, April 26, 2012

Teaching Kids how to sing hymns!

While I was researching for a project in the library (i'm behind right now), I came across these articles in an old Lutheran volume called "Hymns - How to Sing Them" published by Augsburg Publishing House in 1966. In it, I found some awesome articles about teaching kids to sing hymns, and I can relate to this because I had some awesome leaders in my children's choir when I was growing up, and had some good ones in school too. 

One thing I think a lot of teachers face today is that kids just WONT SING! And in churches too, some kids know more Justin Bieber songs than actual hymns. I won't rant here, but these little articles are great for elementary and Sunday School music teachers. Enjoy. 

http://michaelsmusic.synthasite.com/resources/teachingkidshymns.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment